Comet Auto Sales Are Crooked- Manchester, NH

Newton, Massachusetts 21 comments

On 11/9/12, I purchased a vehicle from this dealership. On 11/12/12, the owner (Jim Walker) and one of his employees came to my home to try and steal the vehicle, however, he ripped the red temp. tag off the vehicle.

On 11/9/12, I put $2,900 in cash towards this vehicle. Mr. Walker wrote out a "Bill of Sale" agreement that eight more agreed payments would be paid. He went against his word. He threatened my husband with physical harm and police were called.

Local authorities responded and proof was shown that a "Bill of Sale" was written out. Mr. Walker tried to tell the police that he signed no such paperwork. The police sided with me and Mr. Walker was told that the vehicle was rightfully mind and if he was to try again and take the vehicle he would be arrested.

Be careful and use caution with this individual. He is very deceptive!! I have found a lot of lies while dealing with Mr. Walker. Mr. Walker says that he will in house finance you, however, he holds no license to finance anyone. He also told me that there is program called "Helping the Customer Out Loan". This does not exist in The State of New Hampshire".

As of today we have talked with one officer who responded and he told us that he is reporting Jim Walker, owner of Comet Auto Sales to The New Hampshire Motor Vehicle Department for investigation and having his license revoked.

Review about: Vehicle.

Comments

Belmont, New Hampshire, United States #1354856

I wanted to share my story

This is my second time purchasing a vehicle from Comet Auto Sales and I felt the need to leave a testimonial anywhere i could.I purchase vehicles about every two years.

I drive to much to lease and drive to much to hang onto something so I've done the 'car buying thing' a few times. Nick was my salesperson on both accounts and he is very straightforward and knowledgeable. Both cars I have owed were beautiful, reliable vehicles.

The first vehicle I purchased here I found out a few days after the sale that the lender I financed the car through was offering a 3 month 'delay' in pay and I called the dealership immediately to see if we could re write the loan to account for this - Nick took the time AFTER the sale to re write the contract to account for the 3 month delay in pay and FedEx'd the contract to me (on their dime) so we could make sure the loan went through in time.

On the second and most recent occasion, I had purchased a BMW from them. They had put the vehicle through a shop to have the inspection sticker put on (please note the auto body shop is an independent business from Comet Auto Sales - they are in the business of buying and selling cars, they are not an auto body shop, so they outsource this task). The shop noted the car was great and I drove off. I had made an appointment with a local foreign car shop within my area which was about 2 weeks after the sale.

This shop noted that I needed rear breaks and rotors.

I contacted Nick at Comet Auto Sales and they paid for the whole thing (I was quoted $650 from several shops so it was not a small repair).

I could not be more impressed and I would recommend them on so many levels and for so many different reasons.

Deirdre

You fat losers, you and your husband both.Both of you lie so often it appears that reality is no longer something you live in.

I wish you both nothing but misery and suffering for the remainder of your lives.

#820894

John and Melanie Brady are both completely useless human beings. The world would be a better place if they just climbed a ten story building and jumped off the roof.

J and M Brady make a career out of scamming honest businesspeople in NH and Lord only knows where else.When called out on public forums like this one, they react by posting several fake posts by supposed random people who are on their side.

Sick, pathetic, sad human beings. What is even worse is how they are allowed to walk around free. The justice system in NH is worthless.

I'm talking to all of you judges and the D.A.in Manchester who are too busy counting the days until you get your pensions instead of locking up idiots like these two.

John and Melanie,

You both are pathetic excuses for human beings. Do me a favor and do more *** scams in Massachusetts. Apparently the law enforcement in NH is a joke if you are both still walking around free.

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #613497

Whoever this Mr. Brady is...he is telling the truth. I am also a resident of Manchester (before anyone says or thinks, I am in no relation to Mr. Brady) and I purchased a car from this person. NH Law is that you have 10 days to have your car inspected after you register your car at town hall. I had my car inspected and after it had a look over I was told that my car did not pass. There were numerous problems (brakes, rusted out gas tank, battery and water pump). I called The State Police to meet me and they examined the car. When asked where I got the car from and I told them "Comet Auto Sales; Second Street; Manchester they were going to have a talk with the owner. A week later, a repo agent was taking my car. I fought with the repo agents who were at first not good mannered and showed proof that I was paying on my car.

I had my boyfriend call and ask what the *** was going on. The owner told him since your girlfriend wanted to call State Police and get them involved I am having the car repoed and if you take me to court, I will win. We recently hired an attorney.

If Mr. Brady is online and seeing this, I ask "will you be a witness on our behalf"?

to Ex-Buyer Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #631679

Another review with absolutely no facts.This is the same consumer who has scammed business and landlords all over the city.

They think they are real pro's but we caught on to their bad check writing scam and took our vehicle back before they could destroy it.

Just google search John Brady and Melanie Ross-Brady Manchester, NH ...these are very bad people who will take advantage of anyone they can.

to Ex-Buyer #651607

so now you've set up shop in massachusets john to pull your scams? you must have wore out ur welcome in manchester

to Ex-Buyer #820895

hey John and Melanie:

How many times have you been in Court for trashing apartments you occupied?10?

20?

DO NOT RENT TO EITHER ONE OF THESE IDIOTS.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

to Ex-Buyer Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #906873

Nice try Melanie. Is your IQ over 80?

to Ex-Buyer #1371877

Keep dreaming, you sack of bat turds...

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #599809

you know normal companies would not come on and argue with the public and also would not be pointing people out and saying bad things about them. obviously this so called company is trying to cover up.

to someone Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #601399

To nip this fake complaint in the butt, here is the truth of this so called "$2,900 complaint." The complaint comes from a man named John Brady.He is WELL KNOWN for writing bad checks & trying to scam small businesses around the Manchester NH area.

Feel free to Google "John Brady Manchester NH" to see his reputation haha... And then he goes and writes bad reviews for these businesses? Haha are you kidding me? The lowest of the lowest.

Can't wait to hear you are behind bars John Brady.

If you would like real reviews regarding Comet Auto Sales and their A+ rated (Better Business Bureau) business, feel free to visit their website - www.cometautosales.com - where again, you can see real reviews from real customers who had real money to purchase their vehicles.:)

to Hahahaha "Someone" Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #853962

I have seen your website and your reviews on the better business bureau.Needless to say your website is grossly biased in your favor, to include "testimonials" from close friends and family (http://www.cometautosales.com/Testimonials.aspx).

To summarize your reviews with the better business bureau, you have 5 complaints within the past 2 years, 3 of which spanned over a 2 month period from October to November of 2012 (http://www.bbb.org/concord/business-reviews/auto-dealers-used-cars/comet-auto-sales-in-manchester-nh-92027829). I've found myself to be one of your "real" costumers with "real" money, only to be severely unsatisfied with your treatment of costumers' issues and unscrupulous business practices. There is no excuse for cutting corners and bait and switch tactics when selling quality products as advertise. I suspect that these issues go deeper than with just James Walker and his front to put families in unsafe lemons on the road, however I neither have the time nor man power to conduct an investigation of this magnitude.

Maybe someone out there with an inclination to help those of us that are powerless against business cartels will heed the call...

With my dealings with this company I've found that they do regular business with mechanics in the area. One of which I am clearly aware of is Santiago just a ways south of valley street on maple street. Please will someone with an honest heart look into this because it's an issue that doesn't just plague the consumer in this specific industry but across the board as well.

Also if you happen to google "walker+attorney+NH", you'll find this (http://www.lawyers.com/manchester/new-hampshire/james-g-walker-1075672-a/).

To say that there's any relation is farfetched, however further research into the matter is needed to determine whether James Walker's all too familiar claim of "I'll beat you out in court" holds any water.

Just be forewarned, James Walker and his associates and family members/employees will vehemently be uncooperative if you so choose to investigate directly.

I mean, who wouldn't...right?

to someone #906867

You have no idea what you are talking about. The two morons john brady and melanie ross brady who the posters are ranting about have crossed a lot of people in a short period of time with their dumb passed scams and grifts. Nobody is trying to cover up a thing, John (or is it Melanie who posted this fake post?)

i am one of jims employees this dealer is like a snake in the grass,he buys all his cars at auction, they are high mileage,clunkers that do not belong being sold,theybelong in the junk heap,he lies about special financing for good people who are having it rough due to the economy as i should not say this the state should pull the dealer license and shut us down :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh :sigh

to comet employee N Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #585570

Haha. Jim's employees are his sons. Nice try trying to make a good, honest family dealership look bad.

to comet employee N Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #593483

Wow, Comet Auto Sales did this guy a major favor and now he's complaining and lying! Nice try buddy.

to comet employee N Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #853963

I would like to get in touch. Is there a more private means of communication that I might be able to contact you with?

to comet employee N #906871

John and Melanie, does it hurt to know that you are both dirtbags????

to Anonymous Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #966625

The only scumbug here is the owner of Comet Auto Sales. Melanie is no longer married to John. Besides Melanie was coxed by John to go with this scam when she did not want to go with it.

View more comments

Comet Auto Sales Are Crooked- Manchester, NH

Newton, Massachusetts 6 comments

I brought a car on 11/9/2012. I put down $2,900 cash and agreed with the owner to pay eight more payments and the vehicle would be mine. He wrote out a bill of sale showing that the $2,900 was paid on 11/12/12. He came to my home and ripped the temp. tag of the back of the vehicle and try to steal the car saying that the agreed payments were not high enough. He threatened my husband with physical harm. The police came and told the owner that he is wrong in committing fraud and the vehicle is ours until the next agreed payment date and not to harass us, also not to come back on our property.

The police officer who responded called and talked with my husband an hour later and told him that as of 11/13/12, the officer is taking it upon himself to call The New Hampshire Motor Vehicle Department and reporting Comet Auto Sales actions.

Beware of this dealer (Owner Jim Walker). He does not hold an in house financing license. He sells high mileage cars. He lies about his prices online and offline. Try to refrain from going to this establishment. I have found Mr. Walker to be shady.

Review about: Veichle.

Comments

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #704054

I know who the Bradys are.The Notorius Bradys are the biggest liars, crooks, lowlifes in NH.

John pretended to be a cop in concord. Melanie was arrested for false police reports. John was arrested for threatening with a gun in Derry. They are being investigated for fraud by the Feds.

The list goes on and on.

Nashua, New Hampshire, United States #599803

there are a lot of reviews from consumers who have been ripped off or almost ripped off by this guy.I could see people saying that this is someone not making their payments but can you honestly tell me that several people who don't know each other are going to come up with the same complaint.

Comet Auto sales should be shut down and he should go to prison.To take advantage of people who have it hard as it is is wrong.

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #587183

Nice try "scammed in Manchester." People aren't dumb like yourself, if they have met the guys at Comet, they know they are genuine. It's sad to see these sort of fake reviews.

comet auto sales screwed me back in march i put $ 1,675 cash down on a truck, mr. walker took the truck three days later, even though my payment was not due until april, he took the truck and had it scrapped, he stole a large sum that took a while to save for a truck,the law in Manchester and Nh need to shut him down and throw him in jail,he is a thief he sells clunkers that the cash for clunkers program would not have even taken,i urge anyone considering buying a car stay as far away from James and Jesse Walker of Comet Auto Sales On Second Street in Manchester,you would bw better off going to the junk yard or to auction to get a car,that way he does not rob you of your hard earned money, and then turn around and steal the car that has already been purchased,he is currently under investigation by The NH State Police Troop G,The NH Attorney General,Manchester Police, The State of NH Title Bureau,The BBB,he is a scheming *** artist who needs to be fitted for an orange jumpsuit, with matching silver bracelets for hands and ankles :sigh :sigh :( :( :( :(

to scammed in Manchester Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #593485

Another unfounded claim. Comet Auto Sales helps those who can't get a vehicle and when these people decide not to make their payment and/or refuse to maintain their vehicle they get angry. You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.

to scammed in Manchester #1109177

I bought a 2013 Ford edge from them, it's not a "clunker" and I've never had better customer service at any dealership. Just saying...

View more comments